Far Left Attacks Charity for Accepting Help from Bill O’Reilly – UPDATED!
Posted by iusbvision on March 10, 2009
UPDATE – VIDEO: O’Reilly punches back at the far left, whose hatred has really gone to an entirely new low with this one. Pay special attention to the reporting in this video. NBC News and John Podesta, who is a communications strategist for President Obama, helped to coordinate the attacks against Alexa.
Johnny Dollar has a great post today showing just how unhinged the far left has become.
It is no secret that Bill O’Reilly does a lot of charity work. Much of the proceeds from his books and other merchandise go to charity. One of the charities that Bill O’Reilly is a supporter of is the Alexa Foundation. Alexa is a charity that helps rape victims. O’Reilly is appearing at a fund raiser for Alexa free of charge. Normal people can appreciate such charity work, but to the unhinged left Alexa has become another channel for their hatred.
Alexa is under attack from the far left with phone calls and emails and the nutty zealot Keith Olberman (whose ratings are pathetic) at MSNBC has declared O’Reilly a “worst person in the world” for four nights in a row on his show that almost nobody watches.
Johnny Dollar has the following:
The newshounds seem to have adopted a new slogan: we parrot Keith Olbermann’s attacks so you don’t have to. As Olby vilified Bill O’Reilly four nights in a row (for pro bono speaking at an Alexa Foundation fundraiser), the mongrels dutifully put up four articles–one for each Olbermann tirade. And when it became apparent the foundation was not going to cave to pressure, the anti-Fox terriers took aim at the Alexa Foundation itself:
It may be a case of “who you know”. Sitting on the advisory board of the Foundation is one Wendy Murphy, who has frequently appeared on the Factor and appears to be somewhat of a buddy of O’Reilly’s (O’Reilly wrote the foreword to Murphy’s book And Justice for Some, and snide comments have been made about her “sleeping on a cot in his office”). Murphy is O’Reilly’s partner-in-crime when it comes to blaming those eeevul liberals for the ills of the world…
Smearing a member of Alexa’s board. Nice. Oh, and the liberal-hating Wendy Murphy supported Joe Biden. A smear based on a falsehood. Classy, very classy.
Kennel commenters also joined in the offensive against Alexa. It got so bad that the hounds had to do an about-face and issue a bold-faced admonishment that they didn’t want commenters to go after the foundation. But the damage had already been done. Unable to stop O’Reilly, some denizens of the dog pound instead turned their guns on a charity that supports rape victims. And newshound moderators approved each salvo:
- Maybe this is a Republican foundation, run by Republicans, for Republicans, and we all know their sad views on life.
- Connections, connections: a lady who’s had the dubious honour of appearing on O’Reilly’s show is on the board of that foundation…. He might even have “paid” the organization to enhance his image and bonafides.
- Go after the director and board of the foundation.
- This is a raw move for money…. Bad foundation. No donation.
- Alexa is as much to blame if not more until they do what is right.
- I have to conclude that the people operating the “foundation” are more concerned with glorifying a rightwinger than aiding rape victims…. It makes me wonder what the purpose of the foundation really is – screw their “mission statement” – and who in the foundation is getting rich. Follow the money.
- Any organization like Alexa that would have O’Reilly as a speaker needs to have its raison d’etre put under the cold light of analysis…. Someone is not doing his/her homework and that gives me cause for concern about the persons in their care.
- Perhaps someone might want to look into this groups finances and find out how much of it actually goes to help rape victims, since they think it’s fine to have an admitted “stalker” give a speech at one of their events, eh? Just a “front group” perhaps, eh?
- They’re in it for the money, not to help victims.
Our take – people do not leave high school this nutty. Why is the elite media not covering this story (I know why, its just fun to ask the question)?